Saturday, September 1, 2012

Things that are going well

Well, shenanigans. This is why it is good to keep positive, after leaving the interview yesterday, I did not feel like I was going to be one of the few getting a call back for the second round of interviews. But, apparently I was wrong. I went in, was myself, candid, and told him what I do what I have done and some ideas of what I would do in the position. Thank goodness for good mentors over the years. That is one thing I am very glad for. Countless times being told don't always go in for the kill immediately, if you are over bearing, then the other party will be put off and not want to deal with you. Gotta play it cool and reserved, show interest but not zealous intent, that is just creepy. Plus though you might not get the call back you may get a call later on when your assets are needed or forwarded on to someone who does need your abilities. This is one of two positions that I would really enjoy to have. Still waiting on a call from another one that is being set up through the P.A.T.S. program. But that is ok I can wait a while. There is a lot of waiting, but definitely have to keep at it and keep on networking for just in case. The only down side to waiting is the cost of lodging. I can eat cheaply, stretching a buck is easy diet wise, but lodging, great googaly moogaly. I would suggest look at renting a shared room or something the list of craigs is awesome for good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment