Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday

Well, today I went in for an interview. I felt good going into it, but we shall see what will come of it. Everyone has a poker face on now a days, but I can accept that. Why allow someone to get their hopes up for a job if you are not sure you want to bring them back in for a second round of interviews. On the bright side, there are always more jobs available to look into, and I got the wonderful chance to listen to The Flaming Lips on the way back up to Burbank, CA. Such good music.

I have been working heavily on updating my Linkedin page as well trying to up my numbers as well as visibility in the community. IF there is one thing that I have learned and had told and retold to me, it is just as much if not more who you know then what you know. I was talking with one of the P.A.T.S. mentors about this not to long ago, but the most important thing above all is getting your foot in that door. Once you are memorable, though you may not be needed this time or the time after that. They may refer you for other work to someone else because you have the tools/personality that is needed for the job. So all of us out there plugging away at the work. Keep on keeping on, that is the only way we can make it and through this we will all be fine. Please feel free to comment here and lets work at networking together!

Oh, one more thing, I got a hair cut so now I look business professional as apposed to that guy with the hippie hair that looked like it needed cut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment