Wednesday, October 20, 2010

V.A.

So I went to the V.A. today and spoke at length with my rep. about my thesis project and the possibility of me being able to shoot there and what channels I would need to go through for that as well as what they do offer for veterans. So I will be going in at 8am tomorrow to sit in on a class for vets on preparing them for the workforce and all the assistance that they lend us. Plus she gave me all the contact info for the people that I need to get a hold of for clearance. She read the script and likes it so much that she asked if she could send it on to D.C. for the higher ups to look over it. She says there may or may not be money in it, but it's worth a shot and is a large avenue of exposure. Plus I paint the aspect of post military as truthful and not biased in any way sort or form. Then I did some research on set functions and communication. Good stuff. So much that I need to digest. I am a little worried about getting my shooting schedule broken down. Everything that i have read up on suggests that you really need to hire someone to do it for the first time since there are so many aspects that can get hosed. But eh, gotta learn and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment