Monday, September 14, 2009

Post wrap

So I have learned over night and after a good afternoons sleep, that envisioning something and then destroying it visually is quite detrimental to the psyche surrounding future projects. The Blind turned out looking like a bag of ass shot by someone that has withdrawals, audio done by a person with hard hearing, color balance that just all around sucked, and acting/dialogue that reminds me of what I envision happened with the actors trying out for the first dungeons and dragons movie that actually got turned down for the job. But all is not lost in this experience. Communication was gained and knowledge about the way what works best for me can be harnessed and still stick to what can be fun. The Fig rig is a beast of burden that I got stuck in my head would work best for trying on this project. Should have done test footage first with it to see where I stood with the equipment. I think I may address this necessity in the future with all projects. There are a million and one reasons going through my head as to why this turned into such a calamity, but the fact remains that I have ideas as to why it failed and then I have understandings as to why it was not a successful visual excursion. Critique was interesting regarding it, don't really remember much regarding how it was discussed. But it feels to me that it was more to the point of what was obviously done wrong apposed to how it could have been avoided or moved around in the future. I could be wrong on this notion, but that is just how it feels. For the most part I got some good feedback from Clair on how to work with my stories in the future, and a list of movies to watch to "help" visually. Alas I did learn a lot on set of what to do and what not to do, and when crunch time comes, well, thats a lesson still being learned with juggling the whole show. Not very used to being pushed down to the wire. For the most part I like working way ahead of schedule so that I don't rush myself. Then again, who doesn't enjoy doing that? Lack of stress? What? But like Cyan pointed out this factor is not likely in the field. There are ALWAYS going to be set backs of some sort. So now is as good of time as any to learn how to manage it. For that I am grateful for the experience. My phone isn't though. Ha ha ha. Over 600 texts sent out this week. Next a response paper and then some brain storming.

No comments:

Post a Comment