Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Traffic

So I watched Traffic last night. A go big or go broke cast, and not enough screen time for so many amazing people made the stories seem superficial to me. The color treatment was annoying in the fact that every time they hard cut to another character, it was in a different tone. While I understand that it works as a tool to enhance the emotional experience, I found it cheap and bothersome. There was no grounding in reality with the the over adjustments. Then there is the fact that it was 2 1/2 hrs long. Oh my, it dragged! Why not cut to the important stuff and put more of that in there that is directly relatable to the characters, as apposed to everyone always sitting quiet and on stake outs. There was hardly any confrontation that was awarding all the screen time until the end when things sorta came to a head. I had hopes for this one, now I am just sad that I wasted this time on this film as apposed to other homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment